Pages

Tuesday 23 September 2014

S. review

When I read it: 10th August - 23rd September 2014
Rating: 5/5

“What begins at the water shall end there, and what ends there shall once more begin.” 

I find it indescribably hard to start writing this review with no idea why it is that way.
I'm ashamed to say, that the reason the book first grabbed my attention was the images I found of it really appealed to me, especially the extra material provided as part of the story. That kind of child-like story feature I remember oh too well, now matured as a partner of such brilliance of literature.
When the story began, I was perplexed with the format the two stories were told. It had so seemed too much to take in, but as time went by reading, I got a grasp of it and I certainly could not put the book down. 
Jen and Eric are certainly two protagonists I can really relate to, which makes the novel all that more enticing. If you're similar a reader to me, you would start to get interested into their story a lot faster than the story of Ship of Theseus. Later, as the book unfolds you'll grow to love S. and Sola and their undeniable passion of love. Although, their romance is untraditionally sung, their love shows the reader that it's more than having your SO right there, physically, to love them. It's the idea of them, it's the way they talk to you between the lines and margins of a book, how you imagine it's them walking past you on the street, how you relate them to a song or a character. Certainly, their story is the best inspiration for anyone that is in love.
Soon after reading much of the book, you dwell on the fact that Ship of Theseus is not real, it's such a great piece of literature, full of motivational, philosophical quotes that it feels like there was an author out there with the pseudonym of 'V.M. Straka' and I still, after finishing the novel hours earlier believe it has to be based on something and their written materials, whether published or unpublished.

I honestly do not know why some people don't like this book, maybe it's the format, the way they don't like the 'margin characters' or the actual story of Ship of Theseus. As always, there is never a book without it's critics.
Even so, I would recommend this book, its extra glorious wonders and the world it creates and morphs around you. 

See my other reviews and what I'm reading on my Goodreads account by clicking here.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik