Pages

Tuesday 22 July 2014

Paper Towns review


When I read it: 4th July - 9th July 2014
Rating: 4/5

I read The Fault in Our Stars and Looking for Alaska prior to this book so needless to say I expected it to feel like I was reading the other two books but I didn't. The beginning of the book is hard to get into, I was almost getting into a reading slump and breaking my chain of finished books by giving up on this one but..BUT! Unlike my younger self who would of given up, I didn't, and I am so glad I didn't. The novel starts off slow and if you also have trouble in getting into it I recommend that you just keep reading as when you get to the second part of the book things start to get interesting! The ending or mostly the whole chunk of the third part of the book was my favourite, as the second had a lot of repetition and it frustrated me but I loved that in some crazy way. 

This book taught me a lot of things, and as I finished in the literal middle of the night, overly exhausted but with all my might I could not put the book down until I finished to it's 100% completion. I felt the meaning of the book it's was spectacular and it made me think through the night and through the morning about how we look at people and how we assume what their life is like in a certain way that they become no longer human and I can't stop thinking in that manner, and let me tell you, that's exactly what a book should do to you.


See my other reviews and what I'm reading on my Goodreads account by clicking here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Images by Freepik